Sunday, July 18, 2010

Frightened Egg

These cookies are just plain sugar cookies, the twist is I was thinking of this video I saw about clay layering and cutting it to make a certain effect that i can't remember. You layered the different colors then molded it into a ball, then cut it so the layers can show.

Man, I can't explain anything can I?

Well, here's hoping that you guys can understand that the cookies are normal, just used neon food dye to make four balls of colorful dough and layered them after rolling them out flat as I could.

Photobucket

Now I put that between two sheets of foil because it was sticking really badly to the rolling pin, which if anyone wants to be giving, we need to replace/fix. It's an old solid granet rolling pin that lost it's handle-thing.

Photobucket

Then you roll it into a long log type thing (reminds me of fudge making) and cut it off into those discs. Like those ready made ones!

Photobucket

Before it's cooked is above. Doesn't really look different when it's cooked (below).

Isn't it very advertise-y? The neon colors are awesome! The cookies don't really bring out the colors, they are BRIGHT, so use your imagination!

Photobucket

--- --- ---

And now for the frightened egg:

Photobucket

--- --- ---

That was New Years Resolution Project #54. The teddy is #52 and #53 is the Your Favorite Enemies pillow, which I'm still working on.

No comments: