Thursday, May 16, 2013
Okay, it was just okay, maybe not goooooooood but it was okay.
Now on to the important stuff... if I had any. Yes, that is the reason for my radio silence for the past month. I've finished a couple books in that time, done physical therapy and been watching an insane amount of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" with Sam.
Oh and migraines. I have migraines.... like THAT"S new. Jeeze. See, BORING! I'm just ending it. But not before I gush on this book:
The book "Shadow's Claim" by Kresley Cole is awesome. Beyond awesome. I love it. I want to own it. It's so awesome! Read it!
Friday, April 12, 2013
So that's the good news and bad news.
I saw "The Host" in movie theaters and it was AWESOME!!!! It was surprisingly close to the book. I stayed till the end of the credits and there was nothing. It's a movie I'll see again and again, if not own. After I read a couple of books on my list I'll be reading the book the movie's based of off again. It's so awesome.
Writing my report for Con is proving to be difficult. Mostly because I start it and then toss it. only to start again. I can't get it right. I need a push- someone please!
Also... can anyone help me make these two things?
Saturday, April 06, 2013
This year we took miss Lauren with us. Two days before con my brother and sister-in-law sprung it on me and I wasn't really in a position to say no. I'm glade she came, she did have some fun. I feel bad because I worked during, but I did my best to do fun things. She's already planning next year and Neil and I haven't even agreed to it yet.
It was one of our smoothest running cons this year, so I'm very pleased. Blood drive did rather well this year, hoping to do better next year.
I'm still struggling with staying as assistant public relations manager or going on to volunteer manager.... *sigh* I love my current position so much, but am I doing a well enough job to be staying in it?
Friday, March 15, 2013
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for
I may not follow. Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact,
just leave me the Hell alone.
2. Sex is like air. It's not that important unless you aren't getting any.
3. No one is listening until you fart.
4. Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a
couple of payments.
7. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their
8. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
9. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and
he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
10. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was
probably well worth it.
11. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
12. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.
13. Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.
14. Good judgment comes from bad experience ... and most of that comes
from bad judgment.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one
17. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
18. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
19. We are born naked, wet and hungry, and get slapped on our ass... then
things just keep getting worse.
20. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on
the same night.
Thursday, March 07, 2013
Finally. Finally got the guts to dye my hair. Yup, PURPLE!!! I l-o-v-e it. It's so pretty and purple and pretty. Had to get that special shampoo for dyed hair, but other than washing your hair a little less she said that it should stay a week or three... maybe five, it's all depending on things I guys. I hope it lasts till it grows out!!!
Nothing else to report!
Saturday, March 02, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
By the way... I can't get into this book for book club, and it's killing me! T_T I'm so annoyed with it. I'm hoping next months book club will be better..
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Is it all worth it, I mean, as I type, from the comfort of my parents chair, watching my brother cook a dinner I will eat, from an iPad I now own. I am very content with life. My goal is to have a job/income and be able to live on our own. But other than that, I have all I need or want.
On a different note, my niece, the one with the message bellow, has computer "issues". This is a big fat "I told you so" from me to the parents. Anyone who is really, really good with computers, yah, feel free to contact me about this issue.
And now an unrelated message from Lauren: Don't drink so much pop, it will make you sick.