Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cooking Spree

I have decided to make one of my all time favorite dishes - Leek & Potato Soup

I know i know, it sounds kinda icky, but trust me, this soup is SOOO good!!!

The recipe I got from one of my favorite books ((UB got me for xmas last year or the year before... don't remember)) Tea & Sympathy - so I don't own the rights for this one okay?


Leek & Potato Soup

Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 45 min
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
4 med leeks (white part only), Washed thoroughly and finely chopped
1 onion, peeled and chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoons salt
7 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
Pepper
4 tablespoons cream (optional)

-Melt the butter in a large saucepan and cook the leeks and onion over medium heat until they are soft but not brown.
-Add the potatoes, salt and stock and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
-When ready to serve, reheat and crack a little black pepper over the top, swirl in some cream, if desired.


Here I melted the butter (I used less then a half a stick)


Next comes the 1/2 onion I used


and the one leek I used

mix'em together


I actually put in four potatoes because it's yummier (I think) if there are more potatoes.



Bring it to a nice boil...

Mix in the leek and half onion...



Let it cook

And yummy!!! No cream but it's SOoooooooooOOOOOOOOooooo good!!!

No comments: