Friday, February 01, 2013

Hockey

Yes. I am about to talk about a sport. A sport that I still don't understand completely... okay not really at all. BUT I do know that it is a ton of fun to watch.

My best friend Shay has a friend, whom I'm now friends with, Cookie and he had the tickets. Three to go to hockey. For some strange reason they invited me to be the third. I think it was because Shay's husband couldn't go with them.

Either way I had fun. I did feel conflicted for the opposing team was from Alaska, and as you all know, I spent a lot of my childhood in Alaska.

The home team won the game, but not for lack of trying on the other teams part I can assure you. The first quarter was very mellow and I was regretting even going, but then the second one- bam! GOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!! And more jabs and slams (technical hockey jargen is lost on me at this point) and penalty boxes were used. Pucks went flying in all directions. Sticks, helmets, pads of all kinds, and even mouthpieces went hurdling across the rink. The beer was extremely overpriced, so much that I nearly vomited on the lady who was being a bitch about it so none was had. There were kids of all ages there so excited; especially when they were up ageist the glass when the players crashed up to them.  My senses were overloaded. Smells, sounds, lights. If I could miss the entertainment part and just experience the game part, that would be best. And eliminated the crazy people with airhorns!

Let's go again! Just not for a while...

No comments: